Traineeships is a new programme for all young people aged 16-23 who want to work or start on an Apprenticeship.
How will a Traineeship help me?
A Traineeship will help to improve your Maths and English, which you will need for your Apprenticeship and training to help you get into your work experience placement. A Traineeship will also offer you a high quality work experience to improve the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
What if I don’t know what type of work I want to go into?
A Traineeship can offer more than one work experience, providing you with the opportunity to try out different types of work before applying for your Apprenticeship.
How long does a Traineeship last?
A Traineeship can last between 6 weeks and 6 months depending on your previous experience and support needs. If you find a job or are successful with an Apprenticeship application, the team will work with you to ensure you progress quickly and successfully into work.
For more information on traineeships follow this link
As an apprentice you gain a qualification and learn job specific skills whilst earning a wage.
- Anyone in the UK between 16+ old can apply as long as you aren’t in full time education
- Normally an apprenticeship takes 2 years to complete
- Generally you spend 1 day a week at college
- Entry levels vary; courses are tailored to your abilities
- You must be employed for at least 30 hours a week.
Everything you study on and off site will help towards your qualification and more importantly your future career.
- Work alongside other employees
- Learn the skills whilst working
- Get a work-based qualification
- Less time in the classroom
- Get paid
- Enjoy student life
- Meet new people
- Make friends
- Keep up to date with technology
To take the first steps towards an apprenticeship register at:
Young apprentice – you’re hired!
Alex Hutchings is on a New Holland apprenticeship as an Agricultural Engineer at Hawkins Agri in Bridgwater.
“I get a wide area of knowledge and it’s a good balance of working in the workshop and being out on farms. “
Information about John Deere, Claas, New Holland, Case, JCB and Honda Apprenticeships