INSPIRE – EXPERIENCE – ACHIEVE
Somerset’s Dairy Careers Project encourages you the employer to pass on your knowledge and expertise of the dairy industry to the next generation of young people. If you love what you do, help someone new learn about your job and business.
- Inspire young people into the industry
- Share your experiences
- Achieve your business goals and maintain the future
- Who we are targeting? 14-18 year olds
- Open your business to schools, colleges for visits or take on an apprentice or work experience student.
- How can you benefit? Getting appropriately trained young people with real life experience to help your business grow.
How to get involved?
The best way to establish if you would like to become part of the project would be to answer these below questions.
- Are you concerned about the future of the industry?
- Would you be happy to take on an apprentice or work experience student?
- Are you someone who encourages educational visits to the workplace?
- Are you thinking of making your business available to schools in the future?
- Would you enjoy giving talks to young people about your business or company?
If the answer is yes, to any of these questions then consider how you would like to help and please explore the website for further information or contact us to guide you in the right direction.
Find out how one family farm in Somerset is helping young people into the industry-Joe and Rachel Horler, Maundrils Farm
“The whole of the industry needs to continue to encourage the next generation. As dairy farmers we try to make sure we have replacements entering the herd, we should continue to apply the same thinking to the dairy industry”
ADVERTISE YOUR JOB VACANCIES FOR FREE!
- Work experience, full time, part time, university placements and apprenticeships!
- Follow this link– fill in the details and will be live on the website within hours